Tour starts: 07:30am – 08:00am from any local hotel in Phong Nha
Tour ends: 05:00pm – 06:00pm at any local hotel in Phong Nha
• Camping gear: hammock/tent, camp light, sleeping bag
• Caving & safety gear: caving helmet, caving headlight, life jacket, gloves
• Light PVC backpack (if you do not want to take your own, as it will get wet)
• Dry bag (for clothing and personal belongings excl. electronics)
• Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 38 - 46
• Meals: picnic lunches, breakfast (day 2, 3 & 4), dinner (day 1, 2 & 3)
• Caving expert from the British Cave Research Association
• Professional English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
• Porter team to carry all camping gear and prepare all meals
• Shared dry box for phones and small cameras (limited availability for larger cameras)
• Katadyn (Swiss-made) water purier (used only by guide and porters) and water bottle
• Basic camping facilities with eco-friendly compost toilet using western toilet seat
• First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only
Write Your review
The expedition takes off with pick up from your hotel in Phong Nha between 7:30 am and 8:00 am, before transferring to the village of Tan Hoa.
Following a comprehensive safety brieng, the trek gets underway with a hike across peanut and buffalo elds (2.5 km) to the Rao Nan River.
After crossing the river, it’s a 50 m climb up to the entrance of Secret Cave. Then, climb down to Hung Ton Valley (100 m), trek 800 m across Hung Ton Valley and conquer Hung Ton Mountain.
A 2 km trail leads the ways to Mango Mountain, where lunch will be served picnic-style. It’s 2 km more to Tu Lan Valley and then arrival at Tu Lan Valley campsite for swimming around the cooling waterfall before a well-earned dinner with the team.
Breakfast starts this adventurous day off right, with a trek to Tu Lan Dry Cave and an abseil into Tu Lan Wet Cave to follow with a 1.5km journey through the cave on small rafts to the underground waterfalls.
Return to campsite for swimming before a picnic lunch at camp. Continue the fun with a 200 m swim into Ken Cave where cave exploration must take place.
After returning to camp, head out for Hang Kim (500 m trek) and proceed with further cave exploration. Swim and climb through Hang Kim (1 km) and exit at To Mo Valley.
Trek to Hung Ton Wet Cave and swim through to the Hung Ton Valley Campsite, where another amazing BBQ (or vegetarian) dinner will be served. Sleep under the stars in Hung Ton Valley.
Start off with breakfast and a 2.5 km trek across Hung Ton Valley and over the hill into La Ken Valley. Enjoy the cool river before trekking uphill and over the mountain to Dung Valley (2 km) where you will enjoy lunch en route.
Follow the river and then prepare for a challenging rocky hill climb to get to Hung Ran Valley. Visit a small cave and waterfall before arriving at campsite in Hung Nhai. Rest up and enjoy the beautiful river location whilst dinner is prepared.
Breakfast begins the day, prior to an uphill trek where a panoramic view of Cao Quang can be viewed. The day continues with swimming and a picnic lunch at a beautiful lagoon.
After lunch, the tour will explore Hang Tien (1 km) and then walk along the stream and cross through the local village before heading back up to the main road.
After one last river-crossing transfer to Phong Nha before 7:00 pm.
• 2 long (easy to dry) pants and 2 long sleeved shirt to wear during the trek (quick dry)
• 2 pair of shorts and t-shirts to wear at campsite and swim suit
• 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes (if you prefer your own comfortable pair)
• 1 pair of ip ops (sandals) for campsite
• 1 medium size towel
• 3-4 pairs of calf length close weave socks (not ankle socks!)
• Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries
If you are trekking in the colder months (December – March) please bring additional warm clothes for the evening and an extra change of long pants and shirt for swimming.
Duration: 4days/3nights (join tour only)
Operating: from Feb to Aug (closed from Sep to Jan)
Adventure Level: Moderate-to-hard (35 km) for fhysically active guests (swimming is necessary)
Availability: Weekly, every Friday
Small group tour: Average 2paxs -8 paxs
Minimum Age: 16 years
Terms & Conditions
Any part of this itinerary can be altered to fit your need, e.g.accommodation, tour length...