Hoang Su Phi is among the most untouched area of Ha Giang Province of Vietnam. The area was separated from the mainstream society until very recently. The capital town of Hoang Su Phi District is 60km from Tan Quang Town and 100km from Ha Giang provincial capital.
Traveling to Hoang Su Phi nowadays, the visitors will be charmed by the pristine beauty of the wild mountains and the authentic culture of the local ethnic groups which include: the Nung, the Flower H'mong, the Tay and the Ha Nhi People...Hoang Su Phi market is in session every Sunday which offers great opportunities to learn about the life of the local people.
Rugged mountains, lush valleys, endless skies – not to mention some of the world’s most breathtaking rice terrace fields. Hoang Su Phi of Vietnam’s Ha Giang province is an explorer’s dream. Visit a stunning locale which is as vibrant in culture as it is in its history, magnificently blending tradition with innovative waves of thought.
Whether you’re seeking an intrepid outdoor adventure amongst the elements or simply a leisurely escape, Hoang Su Phi is bound to satisfy your appetite for unique travel.
The most suitable time for visiting Hoang Su Phi
According to the experience, from September to October is the most suitable time to visit Hoang Su Phi, when is the ripen rice season. Besides, tourists can also visit Hoang Su Phi in the time from March to May, when is the pouring water season, creating the shimmering landscapes.
Transportations to travel to Hoang Su Phi
There are two main ways to travel to Hoang Su Phi:
- From 2 national road through Tuyen Quang, Ha Giang then come to Hoang Su Phi
- From Bac Ha (Lao Cai Province) to Xin Man Those ways are away from Ha Noi about 300km, which is difficult for moving.
- If tourists travel by motorbike: Ha Noi – Ha Giang City – Bac Quang – Tan Quang – Hoang Su Phi – Xin Man – Coc Pai – Lao Cai – Ha Noi
- If tourists travel by coach: From Ha Noi, catch the coach at My Dinh bus station to travel to Ha Giang, the coach ticket costs about 260,000 – 300,000 VND/person. When reaching the Bac Quang down 3, catch the Vinh Quang – Hoang Su Phi Coach, which longs about 58 km.
- If tourists traveling to Hoang Su Phi by motorbike, they should bring the vehicle registration, the motorbike should be equipped with headlight, reflective light, brake,…
- Bring some warm clothes because of the cold weather, bring some suitable cloth for climbing mountain.
- Bring some confectionery, snack, fast food,… because there are not many food shop and restaurant.
- Besides, tourists can bring some confectionery and clothes for the children on the highland. They shouldn’t be so curious when seeing the ethnic minorities here.
The best destinations for admiring terraced field in Hoang Su Phi Tourists can come to Luoc Village, Phung Village, Thong Nguyen, Thau Lake, Tam Ty and San Sa Ho to admire the best view of terraced field.
Tay Con Linh 1 and Tay Con Linh 2 Mountain are also the interesting destinations for the backpacking travelers.
Coming to this place, tourists will enjoy the majestic natural view, the riped rice field with the terraced field and the peaceful atmosphere in Hoang Su Phi.
The famous cuisines in Hoang Su Phi There are many delicious cuisines in Hoang Su Phi, however, the most horror cuisine here is the mice meat of the La Chi ethnic minority. This is the indispensable cuisine in the daily life of the La Chi ethnic minority in Ha Giang, which is cooked into many delicious dishes such as: Grilled mice, stir-fried mice, …
If pork is the daily cuisine of the Kinh ethnic, the mice meat is the daily dish of the La Chi ethnic minority. There are mice meat in every festivals or rituals of La Chi ethnic minority. This is the interesting dish that tourists can’t ignore when traveling to Hoang Su Phi.